This hot pot recipe combines the health benefits of grass carp and tofu to create a delicious and nutritious meal. The grass carp is rich in unsaturated fatty acids, making it beneficial for blood circulation and a great food choice for cardiovascular patients. Tofu is a great source of trace elements such as iron, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium, as well as high-quality protein and carbohydrates.
- 1 lb grass carp, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 block lactone tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 cups hot pot base
- 2 tbsp spicy chili sauce
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- 1 can beer
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and salt. Rub the mixture onto the fish slices and rinse with water.
- In another small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, and starch. Marinate the fish slices for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot and add hot pot base, ginger, garlic, and chili sauce. Fry until fragrant, then add beer, water, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and add bean sprouts and fish bones. Cook for a few minutes, then remove.
- Add the lactone tofu to the soup and place the marinated fish slices on top. Cover and bring to a boil, then gently stir. Transfer to a serving pot.
- Garnish with minced garlic, dried chili flakes, and peppercorns, and drizzle chili oil on top.
For a tender and fresh-tasting fish, remember to add an extra step before marinating the fish slices.
This recipe is rich in protein, calcium, iron, and other essential nutrients. Fish and tofu are both good sources of protein, with tofu containing 17.3% protein by weight. Additionally, tofu is a great source of calcium and iron.
Serve with rice or noodles for a complete meal. You can also add other vegetables to the hot pot such as bok choy or mushrooms for added nutrition and flavor.