Yellow Pickled Radish
Sweet and tart slices of yellow pickled daikon, known as takuan in Japan and danmuji in Korea.
Pickled radish are low in calories and packed with vitamins, such as vitamins E, A, C, B6 and K. They are also rich in antioxidants. Their high levels of water can help keep you hydrated and keep your skin healthy.
- 2 white radishes
- 8-10 yellow masts(or turmeric)
- 30 g salt
- 150g white sugar
- 150ml white vinegar
- Clean the dirt on the surface of the white radish, cut off the head and tail, and then cut into small strips or thin slices. The thickness is as you like.
- Put it in a fresh-keeping box, add salt and water to marinate, kill the moisture and bitterness, and wait for five hours.
- Add 400 grams of water to the pot, add sugar, salt and yellow glutinous rice, boil until the water boils, then cook for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat, let it cool, add 150 ml of white vinegar, and stir.
- The radish will have toughness after soaking. Drain the water and do not need to wash it again.
- Pour in the cooled sauce, seal the lid tightly, and refrigerate for 3 days.
The yellow masts(turmeric ) is the key ingredient for getting that bright yellow color.