Chengdu Spicy Chicken Recipe
What is Chengdu Spicy Chicken
Chengdu Spicy Chicken is a spicy Sichuan dish made with diced chicken, chili peppers, and Sichuan peppercorns. It is named after the capital city of Sichuan province in southwestern China, which is known for its spicy and flavorful cuisine.
How does Chengdu Spicy Chicken taste like
The chicken is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, rice wine, and other seasonings before being stir-fried with chili peppers, Sichuan peppercorns, and other spices. The finished dish has a savory and slightly salty taste, with a strong heat from the chili peppers and a unique, slightly numbing quality from the Sichuan peppercorns. The chicken is typically served with a side of rice to help balance out the spiciness of the dish. Chengdu Spicy Chicken is a popular choice for those who enjoy spicy foods and want to try a traditional Sichuan dish.
- Chicken: 1200g
- Salad oil
- Peanut oil: 20g
- Table salt: 3g
- Soy sauce: 8g
- Vinegar: 8g
- MSG: 1g
- Onion: 10g
- Ginger: 10g
- Dried chili: 10g
- Cooking wine: 25g
- Sesame oil: 4g
- White sugar: 5g
- Pepper powder: 1g
- Wash the scallions and cut them lengthwise. Cut half into fine pieces and cut half into sections (3 cm long).
- After washing the ginger, cut half into slices and half into fine powder.
- Dried red pepper cut into shreds.
- Slaughter the chicken, remove the feathers, open it up and take out the internal organs. Wash them with water, chop them into even small long cubes, put them in a basin, add sliced ginger, scallions, and cooking wine. Steam them in a pot, take them out, and put them in a pot inside.
- Put the pot on high heat, put in peanut oil, heat it up, add shredded dried chili, diced green onion, and minced ginger to fry until fragrant. Add pepper powder, soy sauce, sugar, refined salt, cooking wine, vinegar, add monosodium glutamate after boiling. Pour it into a small bowl, pour it over the chicken pieces, and drizzle with sesame oil.