The practice and formula of string incense（chuan chuan xiang）
- 500g pork
- half an onion
- a small piece of ginger
- 30g cumin powder
- a pinch of cumin seeds
- 30g toasted sesame seeds
- a pinch of spicy and fresh seasoning (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Wash and thinly slice the pork, separating the fat and lean meat into different cuts if possible. Cut the fat into 3 to 5cm cubes.
- In a bowl, mix the pork with the cooking wine, onion shreds, light and dark soy sauce, ginger slices, salt, and spicy and fresh seasoning. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Add the vegetable oil to the marinated pork and stir to evenly coat. Pierce the pork onto bamboo skewers, alternating between fat and lean meat.
- Place the skewers on a baking tray and preheat the oven to 220°C for 5 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes, then brush with sesame oil and flip. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the baked pork with cumin powder, cumin seeds, and chili pink. Bake until the meat has changed color and is fully cooked.
- Serve the pork skewers hot, garnished with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!