Pizza sauce is a crucial component to a delicious pizza. If you want to create a classic pizza taste like Tombstone, you’re in luck. This recipe will show you how to make a simple and flavorful tomato sauce for your pizzas.
- 1 can (28 ounces) of whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the can of whole peeled tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the dried basil, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper to the pan.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sauce from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Blend the sauce until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Your Tombstone-style pizza sauce is now ready to be used on your favorite pizza crust. This recipe makes enough sauce for 2 large pizzas. You can store leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy your delicious homemade pizza sauce!